1 the writing point of a pen [syn: pen nib]
- Rhymes: -ɪb
- The tip of a pen or tool that touches the surface.
- The bill or beak of a bird; the neb.
- Bits of trapped dust or other foreign material that form imperfections in painted or varnished surfaces.
tip of a pen
- Finnish: kynänkärki
- Japanese: (pensaki)
bill of a bird
- Finnish: nokka
NIB or nib may refer to:
- N.I.B., a song by Black Sabbath
- Neodymium magnet or NIB, a powerful magnet made from neodymium, iron, and boron
- .nib, the extension used on user interface files in NeXT's and Apple's Interface Builder software
- Pen nib, the tip of a dip pen or fountain pen
- Nib, a corner of a pillow
- Nib, a variable size in PBASIC that stores a size range of 0 to 15
- Nib, partially processed cocoa bean
- NIB, is a term used on an eBay post to state that the item listed is "New In Box"
- Twizzlers Nibs, a bite-size cherry-flavored licorice candy
- Nibs, a terms used in the card game cribbage
- Nibs, one of the lost boys in the book Peter Pan
In companies and organizations:
- National Institute of Broadcasting, a broadcast training school in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- National Institute of Building Sciences, a non-profit private organization
- National Irish Bank, a major bank in Ireland
- Nordic Investment Bank, the joint international financial institution of Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden
- Amtrak station code NIB for New Iberia (Amtrak station), in Louisiana United States
nib in Japanese: NIB
Thule, Ultima Thule, aculeus, acumination, antlia, auger, beak, beezer, bill, bit, bitter end, borer, bottom dollar, boundary, bugle, butt, butt end, conk, cusp, drill, extreme, extremity, fag end, farthest bound, jumping-off place, limit, mucro, muffle, muzzle, nares, neb, needle, nose, nostrils, nozzle, olfactory organ, pecker, point, pole, prick, prickle, proboscis, rhinarium, rostrum, schnozzle, smeller, snoot, snout, sting, stub, stump, tag, tag end, tail, tail end, tip, trunk